Sunday, November 06, 2005

Questions for the challenge... a day late (sorry)

Good morning everyone: I apologize for not posting my questions as promised yesterday. My trip to Washington, DC took more out of me than I thought. I'll explain why I'm here later on. As promised, here are the questions. These are based off of a posting that I made to the site on Friday:
  • Did you actually go and pick up and pieces of trash?
  • If so, where did you go? If not, why not?
  • Did you find that there was no trash when you went to pick some up?
  • Were you able to stop at just 8 pieces?
  • How did you feel after you finished?
  • Do you think that people should do this everyday or is it too much of a hassle?
Just wondering about the answers. One of the issues that I've noticed is that we spend a lot of time trying to create clean and safe environments for individuals to live and to do business. I've been wondering how we motivate people to do their fair share to keep the problems from expanding or continuing. I'm in DC for the week attending National Trust Main Street Training. It is the first step to becoming a certified Main Street professional. One of the benefits of attending the training is expanding the network of individuals that can help you solve problems. One other question I'll pose to them as well as to you is "Can a group ever be motivated or must it start from within?" "What will it take to get people motivated on an issue?" Let me know what you think. Enjoy the day...

No comments: